WHY SIGN UP FOR THIS COURSE?
Many of us experience a lot of stress in our personal and professional lives which is aggravated by a palpable collective global agitation, that we all feel and cannot avoid.
- Do you need to pause and refuel?
- Is your body ‘crying for help’ with stiff and sore muscles?
- Is your restless mind telling you to take a break?
- Do you want to learn concrete helpful tools for tuning into your ‘rest mode’?
Treat yourself with a thoughtful, meaningful and quiet time with a supportive group of like-minded people.
Gaia has over 10 years of experience leading transformational art workshops and is a certified creativity coach. This course will be a time just for you to be away from everything. With creative hands-on exercises and mindfulness practices we will find the rest mode of our being that is always there waiting for us to connect to it.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE COURSE?
- Mindful exercises that will make you relax.
- Forgetting your worries and to-do list for a while!
- Having fun and get your hands messy!
- Sharing from the heart with kindred spirits.
- Getting insights about the source of your stress.
- Leaving with tools and a plan to have less stress and more rest in your personal and professional life.
WHAT ARE THE ACTIVITIES AND THE SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY?
There will be gentle movement, short meditations, reflection time (about our patterns, habits and behaviour regarding how we allow stress in our lives), time for conversations and sharing, art making creative time and writing down of action items to go home with ‘spring resolutions’, a promise to ourselves to lead a more peaceful life and new concrete simple tools to make it happen.
I have a general outline of the subject and activity matter that is to be presented but do not have a specific set schedule as I weave my workshop days connecting with the energy of the group and by being present to what is needed. As the facilitator of the process I will bring in my own creative ‘juice’ to each moment of the day.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS YOU CAN EXPERIENCE THE ‘FROM STRESS TO REST’ CREATIVE COURSE:
**ONLINE WORKSHOP Saturday April 20th is FULL**
You will receive instructions to connect on a video conference call.
Bring some clay (about 2 Lb or 1 Kg which is around $10) with some pencils and papers.
A recording of the course will be sent to you after the class in case you cannot be present and for you to have to redo the guided meditations and exercices at home.
Join ON SITE Saturday April 27th from 10 to 5 pm in Sebright (1h45 North of Toronto)
The day workshop will take place at the Dalton Library in Sebright.
– Bring a lunch and a cushion. (No worries, there will be tables and chairs for drawing and painting!)
– Weather permitting we will be eating outside on the shore of Young’s lake.
– Art supplies are included in the price of the course.
Read about what participants from previous workshops have to say:
A confident, personal and peaceful leader, Gaia Orion creates a context in which we not only access our inner artist, we discover what she longs to reveal. Her meditative style is empowering. Her ready laughter is freeing. Gaia communicates a deep understanding of the Universe and the interconnected nature of reality in both her visual works and leadership. She is an important teacher in these evolutionary times.Carol Kilby
The entire day was perfect. I loved being so close to nature, loved the beginning middle and end of our group relating to one another and becoming more comfortable. I loved holding hands and meditating. The hospitality was so generous and wholesome. I would recommend this workshop to many of my friends. It was truly one of the best days of my life. Very fulfilling. Thank you.Alley Hart