Creativity At Work
“To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.”
“We’re in the age of the idea. The organization that can develop a culture of creativity and idea generation will be the winners.”
Being creative is not just about being an artist. It is a quality and skill that can be applied to how we analyze, how we plan, how we imagine potentials and outcomes and how we take action. Being creative as a group strengthens bonds and allows communication in a safe and unique ‘out of context’ environment.
In our ever changing, fast moving, technological world most companies recognize the importance of innovation for success. Studies of the brain are pointing out how we need to open up to a ‘whole brain’ approach to maximize our full potential; this means largely to develop qualities that help us connect with our sensitivity, emotions and intuition when working and making decisions.
Art & Creativity For Business is a course that uses art to learn these important tools to create a healthy, positive work environment.
“Bringing Art & Creativity in our office was a unique and enriching experience that generated very interesting conversations about how we work and collaborate on projects. This workshop increased the depth and cohesion of our team and reminded us how we each are a valuable and essential part the company.”
Susan Pahl, Shift Coaching
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE COURSE: Benefits Of Participation
- Opening Up To Creativity: This course gives participants tools to create space that will allow ideas to flow. Just being in the presence of colourful art supplies will already get us half way there. Most of us left the pencil crayons when we were told to ‘grow up!’. With what is implied in this unfortunate view on becoming an adult many of us have lost our natural innate ability to create.
Learning to tap into our creativity will enhance our ability to:
- Quiet our over thinking mind
- See the bigger picture
- Increase problem solving skills
- Enjoy the work process more fully
- Team Building: When working on a project together the unique talent of each co-worker within the group is revealed. Doing art together gives us a chance to play with boundaries, take risk and be challenged all in a safe atmosphere. Discussing the process afterward offers opportunity for insightful conversations between team members.
This collaborative experience will:
- Increase communication and confidence in sharing within the group
- Enrich us by recognizing the diversity among co-workers
- Enhance the spirit and cohesion of the team
- Improve collaborative creativity
- Leadership: Demands and pressure are a constant in the business world. Learning to use our brain in more flexible, open and intuitive ways will provide leaders with another ‘tool’ when analytical and logical skills are not enough and have become limited in problem solving situations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
For The Team: This course is useful for anyone who would like to offer a truly unique, relaxing and enriching experience to their team. The participants will have lasting positive benefits in regards to the way they approach problem solving, thinking, planning, innovating and how they relate to each other.
One-On-One coaching: This is also available for leaders that need to take some time away from the desk to work on issues where they feel blocked or challenged or when they need a boost to help them tap into ‘innovation mode’. An individual session can also be used to take a step back, evaluate where the company is at and imagine new ways of developing one’s leadership skills for the benefit of all.
This course can be delivered as a two-hour ‘taster’ session or as a more thorough one-day course.