The Qualities Of A Successful Artist by Renee Phillips
- They pave their own path and create art that is an authentic expression of their most unique innate gifts.
- They are multi-dimensional, multi-disciplined and multi-talented.
- They practice honesty and maturity in their professional relationships and diligence in their art business resposibilities.
- They exercise a relentless discipline to learn and apply artistic techniques and the ability to push creative boundaries.
- They never cease exploring and learning about the mysteries of life and sharing their wisdom and discoveries with others through creative self-expression.
- People gravitate to them like a magnet because innately we recognize someone who is not only gifted artistically, but also imbued with a spirit of generosity and a desire to serve a purpose beyond gratification of the ego. Writers like me want to write about them, people want to buy their art, magazine publishers choose their art to grace the covers of their publications. And, organizations like Manhattan Arts International are proud to give them Awards and promote their art.
Gaia Orion is an artist who has all of the attributes of a successful artist. Gaia originally hails from Paris, France, where she studied and graduated with honors as an architect from Ecole des Beaux Arts in 1997. She currently lives in Canada.
She explores conscious and transformational art themes that manifest in symbolic and archetypal images in her artwork. These images arise from her quest to understand life and her interest in ancient and sacred art.
With her creativity she has found her way of sharing with the world and connecting deeply with people. Focusing on living a simple and healthy life allows Gaia the time and space to be sensitive and express the inspiration that arises.
As a multi-dimensional artist she epitomizes the definition of my term “Artrepreneur”. She is the founder and former co-owner of Sprouts For Life (a certified organic sprout business) as well as co-owner of The Funky Clothesline (a successful line of hand-dyed and painted clothing). Her prints, cards, and/or jewelry with her images, are being sold in over 70 stores, galleries and museums in Canada, United States, France and the U.K.
Her artwork has been featured in 18 different publications in Canada, USA, France, UK, Taiwan and China, with 9 cover pages and numerous articles and interviews. She is also the illustrator for the Reiki News and New Moon Girls magazines in U.S.A, Rêves de Femmes publication in France and a contributor for We’Moon date book and calendar which is published worldwide.
Gaia has been chosen to be included as one of the 144 visionary artists across the world for the galactik collector’s cards. This global arts initiative by Delvin Solkinson, (manager editor of Alex Grey’s Cosm Magazine) is a collection of art cards that celebrates the spirit of world inspired imagination and artists. Other
great artists that are part of this project are Ernst Fuchs, Alex Grey, Robert Venosa, Amanda Sage, Daniel Mirante, Brigid Marlin, Lukas Kandl, etc…
It was a great honor to have been on the jury that selected Gaia’s painting “A Meaningful Life” in 2012 to win an Award of Excellence in the Manhattan Arts International competition “Celebrate The Healing Power of Art”. We were searching for artists who created “Positive Art That Lifts The Spirit.” Her work fits that criteria perfectly. At first glance at her art you are aware of a magnificent spiritual manifestation that cannot be manufactured in any way other than originating from pure love – pure genius.
Gaia was also interviewed and included, along with main personalities of French politics, economy and ecology, in the book “Un Nouveau Monde En Marche” (Toward A New World) written by the French fair trade company Alter Eco in collaboration with Gandhi International and will be one of the participants with 25 other main personalities of French politics, economy, ecology, philosophy and arts.
When we invited Gaia to be a member of the exclusive Manhattan Arts International Members Online Gallery she graciously accepted.
It has been a greater pleasure to have become more acquainted with Gaia since then. I look forward to seeing what Gaia Orion creates and shares with the world.